I have friends who join gym to exercise and to destress. But for me, kitchen is my gym. for I hand-knead all my breads..unless I bake a "No-knead' bread. Kitchen is where I destress and times to times where I want to have some adrenaline rush.. I run a few projects at the same time.. Just to work out my cardiac muscles :)
OK enough of the blah blah blah.. back to this wonderful potato bread.
This is what you need and how:
1 cup Mashed potatoes
4 cups Flour (about)
2 cups Warm water ( or the water that you boiled your potatoes)
- In a mixing bowl, mix together salt and flour, make a well in the middle.
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water and stir into the flour. Mix well and then add in the mashed potatoes.
- Mix in enough flour to make a dough that can be kneaded by hand. It is normal that the dough is stickier then a normal bread dough.
- Turn dough out onto floured board and knead it until smooth and elastic. It's sticky but you will be rewarded with beautiful loaf.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and let rest for about 1 or 2 hours or until it double in size.
- Turn out dough cut and preshape, rest for 20min.
- Then shape into a loaf. I have one loaf in bread pan and the other.. a boule but it quickly lost it's shape. So a bread pan is highly recommended.
- Bake at 200C with stream for 25 to 30 mins or until bread sounds hollow when the top is tapped on.
- Remove from loaf pans and let cool.
Sharing this with Yeast Spotting and BYOB