This is the first time I made my own burger bun following the recipe from King Arthur, you can find the detail recipe here. I must say it is really easy to follow as there is a section of tips from their baker plus many other notes. It has been declared by many bakers that it is The Best burger bun. Which I must admit that it is really very easy to follow and the result is good. Not only the crust is soft, the crumb is moist and lightly sweet.
|Proofed waiting to go in to the oven|
- 3/4 to 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large egg
- 3 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- Mix and knead all of the dough ingredients to make a soft, smooth dough.
- Cover the dough, and let it rise for 1 to 2 hours, or until it's nearly doubled in bulk.
- Punch down the dough to degaz, and divide it into 8 pieces. Shape each piece into a round ball, sprinkle some sesame seeds and let rise for about an hour, until noticeably puffy.
- Brush the buns with about half of the melted butter.
- Bake the buns in a preheated 375°F oven for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden. Remove them from the oven, and brush with the remaining melted butter. This will give the buns a satiny, buttery crust.
- Cool the buns on a rack.
Have a try.. homemade burger is anytime better then those bough from fast food outlets..
Sending this to Yeast Spotting
|Just out of oven|